Ramsay's Funeral Homes, Inc. was founded in 1896 by Sherman Ramsay in Kauneonga Lake, NY. He and his son, S. Spencer Ramsay, also a licensed funeral director, expanded the business by opening a funeral home in Liberty, NY, in 1922.
In 1926, S. Spencer Ramsay and his wife, Nina Ramsay, also a licensed funeral director, moved the business to its present location, a lovely Victorian Home built in 1861.
In 1970, Thomas E. Warren purchased the business from the Ramsay's upon their retirement.
In 1977, Mr. Warren added a funeral home in Monticello, NY.
In 2016, Mr. Warren passed away and his wife Janette and funeral director Lloyd Heller continued the business.
In 2017, Anthony L. Perito, owner of Colonial Memorial Funeral Home and Colonial-Bryant Funeral Home purchased the Ramsay's funeral homes. Mr. Perito changed the name to Colonial-Ramsay funeral homes, officially making it part of the Colonial family of funeral homes.